Across Gilbert's six ZIP codes, there were 708 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 on June 19, according to data from the state. That's an increase of 65 cases from the previous day. That represents an increase of 44.49% across the town in the past seven days.



The state had 46,689 COVID-19 cases—an increase of 3,246 from the previous day—and 41 newly reported deaths, bringing the number of statewide virus-related deaths to 1,312 on June 19, according to data from the Arizona Department of Health Services.



Of 7,953 polymerase chain reaction, known as PCR, tests in Maricopa County reported on June 19, 26.64%, or 2,119 tests, came back positive for coronavirus. The PCR test determines an active case of COVID-19, the other kind of testing data the state tracks is related to serology—or antibody—tests, which determines if a person has been infected in the past with the virus. The county also reported 16 new deaths June 19, bringing the county's death toll to 585, according to data from the Maricopa County Department of Public Health.




Of the county's 585 known deaths, 382 are tied to long-term care facilities, making up 65.3% of the county's total COVID-19-related deaths.







The state and county also track hospitalization data. In Maricopa County, 8% of the county's total cases resulted in hospitalization as of June 19, down 1 percent from the previous day. The county tracks intensive care unit, or ICU, data separately. Two percent of the county's total cases have resulted in admittance to the ICU, the same as the previous day. Statewide, as of June 19, ADHS reported 9% of the state's cases have resulted in hospitalization—4,049 cases across the state.





According to data from the state, of the completed and reported Maricopa County COVID-19 PCR tests, 9.4% of them have yielded a positive result.

Statewide, there have been 391,850 PCR tests completed. Of the total PCR tests across the state, 9.5% have yielded a positive result.