State law restricts Town Council and board members from responding to speakers about items that are not on the agenda for that particular meeting.
If you wish to address the board or council, here’s how you do it:
1. Sign up before the meeting.
2. Have a written statement, if needed.
3. Be mindful of time. Comment periods usually are limited to three minutes per person.
4. Be respectful, as derogatory comments are not permitted.
5. Be aware the council or board may not be permitted to comment or answer any questions. However, public comments are included in meeting minutes.
While officials cannot answer directly, resident feedback can help shape future agendas.