The application process opened May 19 with applications accepted through 5 p.m. June 25 or when grant funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. Grants are worth up to $35,000.
Businesses that received grants in the first two rounds last fall and in the spring are not eligible for this latest round.
To be eligible, businesses must be these criteria:
- the business or nonprofit is located within the municipal boundary of the town of Gilbert;
- the business or nonprofit was operating in Gilbert before March 11, 2020;
- the business does not have more than three physical locations in the town of Gilbert;
- the business has not received any other COVID-19-related funding from the town of Gilbert;
- the business did not generate more than $15 million in gross revenue at its Gilbert location(s) between Jan. 1, 2019, and Dec. 31, 2019;
- gross revenue or gross profit declined by at least 5% because of COVID-19 in at least one calendar year quarter of 2020 as compared to the same quarter in 2019. If the business has locations in other jurisdictions, the presented revenue declines must only be for the Gilbert location(s);
- the Business or nonprofit has an active business license through the town of Gilbert Business Licensing Division. If a business does not have a Gilbert business license or if the license is not current, business must be brought into compliance by obtaining a Gilbert business license before applying;
- the business or nonprofit is not affiliated with another business under common ownership/management that has received a Town of Gilbert #GilbertTogether relief grant; and
- the business or nonprofit must commit to remain in Gilbert through June 30, 2021.
More information is available on the town’s website.