A section of northbound Loop 101 in Chandler is scheduled to close this weekend for work zone setup and pavement removal work as part of the scheduled construction to add one travel lane in each direction to Loop 101, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT advises drivers to allow for extra time and plan to use detours while all northbound lanes on the freeway are closed between Warner Road and US 60 from 10 p.m. July 19 to 5 a.m. July 22.
The northbound on-ramps will also be closed from Chandler Boulevard to US 60 as well as the Loop 101 northbound ramps connecting to US 60, according to ADOT.
The northbound Price Freeway off-ramps at Ray and Warner Road will be open. Heavy delays are expected, and drivers are urged to consider alternate routes, including McClintock Drive or Dobson Road, while the freeway is closed, according to ADOT.
ADOT suggests drivers can use the following detours:
- From northbound Price to eastbound US 60: exit at Ray and proceed east to Dobson; travel north on Dobson to access US 60
- From northbound Price to westbound US 60: exit at Ray and proceed west to McClintock; travel north on McClintock to access US 60
- Northbound Price: use the northbound Price frontage road
Other road restrictions scheduled for the week include:
- The southbound Price off- and on-ramps at Elliot Road will be closed nightly from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday, July 16, through the morning of Friday, July 19.
- The southbound right lane between Warner and Guadalupe Road will also be closed during the ramp closures.