During the meeting, the city council:
- passed and adopted the fiscal year 2022-23 tentative budget and 2023-32 tentative capital improvement program. The council also gave notice of the dates and times for hearing taxpayers, for final adoption of the budget, and for setting the tax levies and tax rates.
- awarded a professional services agreement to Barker Rinker Seacat Architecture for the Tumbleweed Recreation Center Expansion Multi-Generational Facility Design Services in an amount not to exceed $1,056,370.
- adopted a resolution to approve a first amendment to the development agreement between Spike Lawrence Ventures, LLC, and the city of Chandler to allow the construction of a mixed-use, four-story retail and residential housing development on the New Square Phase 2 site, located at the northeast corner of Oregon and Chicago streets.
- authorized the payment of the fiscal year 2021-22 annual membership fee for Valley Metro Rail, Inc. in the amount of $49,995.
- adopted an ordinance approving rezoning for the northeast corner of Pleasant Drive and Pecos Road from agricultural district, or AG-1, to Planned Area Development, or PAD, for medium density residential, subject to the conditions as recommended by Planning and Zoning Commission.
- approved a resolution for the acquisition of property needed for the Chandler Heights Road utility relocations and Salt River Project 230 kilovolt power line easement in the vicinity of Chandler Heights Road from the Union Pacific Railroad alignment to Dobson Road. The council approved the purchase of such real property at market value plus closing and escrow fees and authorized the city's real estate manager to sign, on behalf of the city, the purchase agreements, and any other documents necessary to facilitate the acquisitions. The council approved eminent domain proceedings as needed to acquire the property and approved relocation services as may be needed and required by law.
- approved an agreement with M.R. Tanner Development and Construction, Inc., for street maintenance repaving, surface seal, and repair services, increasing the spending limit by $1 million for a revised amount not to exceed $8,241,860.75.
- awarded a construction manager at risk contract change order to DCS Contracting, Inc. for Dobson Road improvements at Intel Driveways No. 1 and No. 4 in an amount not to exceed $3,030,177.90. The council authorized a transfer of funds from its general fund, non-departmental and contingency reserve to its general government capital projects fund, streets capital, other streets improvements and Dobson Road intel driveways, in the amount of $1,161,356.
- awarded a project agreement to PCL Construction, Inc. for Alma School Well Site improvements in an amount not to exceed $936,595.38.