- Council approved an intergovernmental agreement with Maricopa County for a Regional Emergency Action Coordinating Team Integrated Corridor Agreement Pilot for the Loop 101 Price Freeway.
- Council approved two items related to the Chandler La Paglia High School project (southwest corner of Gilbert and Ocotillo roads): the area plan amendment, rezoning from agricultural district to planned area development for professional offices and institutional/educational uses, and preliminary development plan for the High School Seminary and Professional Offices, as well as an ordinance to approve annexation and initial city zoning for the site.
- Council approved two agreements for water meters. One was an agreement with metering Services Inc. for small water meter installation and repair and consulting services in an amount not to exceed $490,820. A second agreement was approved with Core and Main LP for the purchase of water meters. This agreement increases the original contract amount to $5.51 million for a two-year period.
- Council approved a construction contract with Cactus Asphalt, a Division of Cactus Transport, Inc. for the Alley Rehabilitation PM10 Dust Emissions Project, in an amount not to exceed $2.08 million. In addition, council approved a professional services agreement with Tristar Engineering and Management Inc. for project construction management services in an amount not to exceed $226,618.88.
- Council approved a construction contract with Archer Western Construction LLC for water line replacement on Chandler Boulevard from Chippewa Place to Meadows Drive, in an amount not to exceed $1.2 million. In addition, council approved a professional services agreement with Wilson Engineers LLC for the project construction management services in an amount not to exceed $105,730.
- Council approved an ordinance granting three irrigation easements to Roosevelt Water Conservation District to accommodate the Cooper Road Improvement Project from Alamosa Drive to Riggs Road.
- Council approved the adoption of updated versions for public works design and construction standards for the Unified Construction Manual.
- Council recommended a Series 10 beer and wine store liquor license be approved by the State Department of Liquor Licenses and Control for 99 Ranch Market #53, located at 1920 W. Chandler Blvd.
Meeting highlights: Chandler City Council approves agreements for water meters, new high school at Feb. 11 meeting
The Chandler City Council has a new vice mayor and two new members. (Courtesy city of Chandler)
The Chandler City Council met at 6 p.m. Feb. 11, taking action on a total of 18 agenda items. Meeting highlights included the following: