Here are the highlights from the meeting:
- Council approved a resolution authorizing the Chandler Police Department to enter into an agreement with PMAM Corp. to provide management and service of the city’s False Alarm and Alarm Registration Program. This will include a web portal that residents and businesses can use to learn about, apply, pay for and obtain an alarm permit.
- Council authorized the acceptance of police safety equipment funding from the Office of Arizona Attorney General in the amount of $40,000.
- The council approved a one-year agreement with Municipal Emergency Services Inc. for Chandler Fire Department uniforms in an amount not to exceed $175,000. Additionally, council approved a one-year agreement with L.N. Curtis & Sons for fire turnouts and personal protective equipment in an amount not to exceed $150,000.
- Council authorized an amendment to the intergovernmental agreement with Chandler USD for development of the Central Transportation Facility north of Ocotillo Road between Arizona Avenue and McQueen Road.
- Council authorized the payment of the fiscal year 2020-21 annual membership fee for Valley Metro Rail Inc. in the amount of $50,000.
- Council authorized the payment of fiscal year 2020-21 annual membership dues to the Arizona Municipal Water Users Association in the amount of $96,332.
- Council approved an agreement with Northern Arizona Technology and Business Incubator, dba Moonshot at NACET, for innovations incubator management services in an amount not to exceed $250,000 for one year.
- Council approved two agreements with Waste Management of Arizona; the first for solid waste curbside collection and transfer service in an amount not to exceed $8.8 million for a 10-year period; and the second for refuse disposal service in an amount not to exceed $2.1 million for a five-year period.
- Council awarded a construction manager at risk contract to Sunland Asphalt & Construction Inc. for the Gilbert Road Improvements Phase 2 (Ocotillo Road to Chandler Heights Road), in an amount not to exceed $4,766,921.
- Council awarded a professional services agreement to Kimley-Horn and Associates Inc. for the design and project management of Lindsay Road improvements (Ocotillo to Hunt Highway), in an amount not to exceed $1,755,061.
- Council approved a contract with SRP for the relocation of power-distribution facilities to accommodate the Cooper Road improvements (Alamosa Drive to Riggs Road), in an amount not to exceed $676,392.84.
- Council adopted an ordinance amending the city code by adding Chapter 22—Short Term Rentals and providing for the repeal of conflicting ordinances and severability, and providing for penalties.
- Council awarded a professional services agreement to Kimley-Horn and Associates Inc. for Veterans Memorial Phase 2 design services in an amount not to exceed $240,821. The memorial is located at Veterans Oasis Park, on the northeast corner of Chandler Heights and Lindsay roads.
The next meetings of City Council will be a regular meeting and study session at 6 p.m. Oct. 12.