Council approved an $0.0080 reduction in the combined property tax rate, from $1.1281 to $1.1201 per $100 of assessed valuation.
Action was also taken on a litany of other items, including the following.
- Council approved a resolution to authorize a grant application to the land and water conservation fund for the Homestead North Park development on the southwest corner of Frye and Cooper roads.
- Council authorized use agreements between the city of Chandler and Central Arizona Community College. The four contacts authorize Chandler Police Department to utilize the CACC Public Safety Training Facility for its 2021 advanced officer training in February 2021.
- Council approved a resolution authorizing the Enhanced Municipal Service District Agreement for FY 2020-21 between the city of Chandler and the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership and authorizing the city’s voluntary contribution to the EMSD in the amount of $118,804.
- Council approved a resolution allocating FY 2020-21 HOME Investment Partnership Funds from the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act through the Maricopa HOME Consortium.
- Council approved a resolution that adopts and authorizes the submission of the Community Development Grant 2020-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan and FY 2020-21 Annual Action Plan to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Council authorized the allocation of FY 2020-21 general fund dollars in the amount of $1,182,294 in accordance with the recommendations of the Chandler Housing and Human Services Commission and its staff.
- Council approved a resolution to rezone a property from planned area development to amended PAD for multifamily residential with a mid-rise overlay, and it approved the preliminary development plan for site layout and building design. The property is located on 17.96 acres south of Frye Road between Ellis and 94th streets.
- Council approved a resolution to receive the award for the Bureau of Justice Assistance FY20 Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program in the amount of $134,282. Funds will be used to purchase video conferencing equipment to facilitate communications and response planning.
- Council authorized the development services director to extend construction- or building permit-related deadlines during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Council approved an agreement with Larry H. Miller Ford Mesa for auto body service in a combined amount not to exceed $250,000.
- Council approved an agreement with nine vendors for the purchase of water treatment chemicals in a combined amount not to exceed $8,550 000. These agreements will be used to purchase bulk and packaged water and wastewater treatment chemicals for use at the city’s treatment facilities and swimming pools.
- Council approved two professional services agreements for improvements to Alma School Road from Pecos Road to Germann Road The agreements with Ritoch Powell & Associates and Wood Environmental and Infrastructure Solutions Inc. are in a combined total amount not to exceed $413,934.
- Council approved an employment agreement with City Clerk Dana DeLong for a term of July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021, with an annual salary of $137,200.64.
- Council approved an employment agreement with City Attorney Kelly Schwab for a term of July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021, with an annual salary of $196,950.61.
- Council approved the transfer of funds from Council Member Jeremy McClymonds' unspent general fund council member funds of $4,940 to the Chandler Neighborhood Resources Division. The funds will be distributed to AZCEND in the amount of $2,440 for its food bank and to Chandler Men of Action in the amount of $2,500 for the Operation Back to School program.