Users are expected to practice social distancing, according to the council, and remain at least six feet from those they may encounter. Facilities will be open in a capacity that follows direction from the council and the governor's executive orders and abides by guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"We’re excited to reopen and re-energize our local economy," said Mayor Kevin Hartke during the meeting.
What facilities and amenities are open?
- Tumbleweed Recreation Center, Environmental Education Center, Snedigar Recreation Center and Community Center starting May 18
- Desert Oasis, Mesquite Groves and Nozomi aquatic centers for lap swimming and Aqua Fit classes starting May 18
- Tennis Center Clubhouse starting May 13 and Courts available for Drop-In-Play
- City parks, park amenities and rental of athletic fields and ramadas available except for those still covered under the Governor's executive order. Those remaining amenities that will open May 16 include:
- Basketball courts
- Splash pads
- Park restrooms
- Chandler Public Libraries: Open for hold pickup and returning items and additional services starting May 18
- Chandler Museum and Vision Gallery starting May 18
What services are operational?
- Development Services customer service counter is open for plan reviews and walk-in consultations are available by appointment beginning May 18.
- Housing and the Neighborhood Resources customer service lobby available by appointment starting May 18. Phone, email and online services are available.
- Tax & License Service Counter available by appointment starting May 18. Online service, phone service, email service and the payment drop box are available.
- Utility Bill Payment Counter available by appointment starting May 18. Online service, phone service, email service and the payment drop box are available.
What remains closed?
- Chandler Center for the Arts: Performances canceled until further notice.
- Chandler Senior Center:Closed until further notice, though the center is providing carryout and delivery of hot meals to senior residents who depend on this service.
- Fingerprinting service at the police department is unavailable.
- Passports Services are unavailable at this time and will resume by appointment when the U.S. Department of State Western Processing Center resumes processing passport applications.
- City Surplus Auction Program is suspended until further notice.