Read the top five stories from this past week on Community Impact Newspaper's website.
5. Ducey extends 'Stay home, stay healthy, stay connected' order through May 15 with modifications
Gov. Doug Ducey on April 29 outlined his plan to gradually reopen businesses across Arizona.
4. Maricopa County preparing to expand contact tracing for COVID-19
The Maricopa County Public Health Department is preparing to increase its contact tracing efforts for coronavirus cases by eight to ten times its current level.
3. Arizona unveils 'testing blitz' to ramp up screening efforts
Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey said April 27 the state’s health department will be ramping up its coronavirus testing, aiming to test 10,000-20,000 residents on three consecutive Saturdays.
2. Chandler City Council moves to reopen some park amenities, discusses preliminary 'return to service' plan
Chandler City Council discussed its three-phase “return to service plan” for resuming normal operations during its April 23 meeting.
1. Coronavirus: Chandler mayor says Phase 1 of city's return to service plan will start May 4
Chandler skate and bike parks reopened May 1, and city staff will begin preparing to reopen other facilities and resume services May 4, Mayor Kevin Hartke announced April 30.
Alexa D’Angelo and Tom Blodgett contributed to this report.