"Many nonprofits have shared that monetary donations are one of the best ways you can help," according to the For Our City Chandler website. "Funding can help with things such as: scheduling a nurse to do quality checks on home bound seniors; purchasing essential supplies for staff assisting residents; food banks obtaining enough food for clients; and food and staff to help maintain meals-on-wheels program for seniors."
Here's a list of Chandler nonprofits in need of donations or volunteers:
- About Care: Needs new volunteers to deliver groceries. 480-802-2331. To donate: https://www.aboutcare.org/donate.To volunteer: https://www.aboutcare.org/volunteers.
- Neighbors Who Care: Accepting donations of toilet paper, sanitizer and nonperishable food items. 480-895-7133. To donate: http://neighborswhocare.com/donate. To volunteer: http://neighborswhocare.com/volunteer.
- Resurrection Street Ministries: Needs new volunteers to organize and deliver food boxes to seniors, donations of toilet paper, sanitizer and nonperishable food items. 480-615-2799. To donate: https://sites.google.com/view/rsmaz/get-involved/donate. To volunteer: https://sites.google.com/view/rsmaz/get-involved/volunteer.
- East Valley Jewish Community Center: Needs monetary donations to help support housebound seniors and families. 480-897-0588. To donate: https://www.evjcc.org/aztaxcredit.
- AZCEND: Accepting donations of nonperishable food items, toilet paper, and sanitation supplies during regular business hours. In need of meals for participants of homeless services and in needof toilet paper for housebound seniors. 480-963-1423. To volunteer: https://azcend.org/volunteer-2.
- Salvation Army: Accepting donations of nonperishable food items, toilet paper and sanitation supplies during regular business hours. 480-963-2041. To volunteer: https://volunteer.usawest.org/opportunitylistpage.aspx.
- Chandler Care Center: Accepting donations of hand sanitizer and toilet paper during business hours. 480-812-7900. To donate: https://www.chandlercompadres.org/donations/2019qco.
- FANS Across America: In need of diaper donations. 480-821-3013.
- YMCA: In need of donations to sponsor families who cannot afford child care services. 602-404-9622. To donate: https://valleyymca.org/chandler-gilbert/donate/donate-form.
- ICAN: Accepting donations. 480-821-4207. To donate: http://icanaz.org/get-involved/donate.
- Boys and Girls Club: Accepting donations. 480-899-8302. To donate: https://give.clubzona.org/checkout/5947.
Additionally, blood banks are facing a shortage of blood, as the coronavirus outbreak is impacting the blood supply. To schedule an appointment to donate blood, go to https://www.vitalant.org/home.aspx.