The waiting list opens at 8 a.m. Oct. 14. The last time the city opened the waiting list for this program was January 2016, according to a news release from the city. The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a type of federal assistance provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development dedicated to assisting low-income families, the elderly and the disabled whose incomes do not exceed levels set by the federal government.
This year prospective applicants will be required to apply online at https://chandleraz.gov/applyforhousing. The deadline to apply is noon Oct. 25.
Preapplications may be submitted on any computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access. Free computer access is available at the following locations in Chandler (check for location hours):
- Chandler Housing and Redevelopment Division, 235 S. Arizona Ave.
- Chandler Basha Library, 5990 S. Val Vista Drive
- Chandler Downtown Library, 22 S. Delaware St.
- Chandler Hamilton Library, 3700 S. Arizona Ave.
- Chandler Sunset Library, 4930 W. Ray Road
- AZCEND, 345 S. California St.
- Salvation Army, 85 E. Saragosa St.
Paper preapplications are available only for those requiring Reasonable Access, according to the news release. Applicants who need to request Reasonable Access should contact the Housing and Redevelopment office at 480-782-3200, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City staff will host training sessions to help community members in the application process.
For more information, call 480-782-3200, or visit https://chandleraz.gov/applyforhousing to apply.