Businesses from five additional industries will be eligible to apply for the I Choose Chandler Hiring & Retention Program.
The program provides qualifying businesses with $1,300 per employee retained or hired since Dec. 31, 2019, up to a maximum amount of $10,000 per business. The funding hails from coronavirus relief funding awarded to the city from the state. The city was given $29.98 million from the state in coronavirus relief funding. Chandler City Council elected to spend a portion of that funding—about $9.5 million—on this program.
Here are the industries that can apply for the grant funding as of Sept. 9:
- other services (NAICS Sector 81): includes automotive repair, car washes, computer and appliance repair, barber shops, nail salons, laundries and drycleaners;
- construction (NAICS Sector 23): includes businesses engaged in building construction, utility system construction, street and highway construction, and construction contractors;
- professional, scientific, and technical services (NAICS Sector 54): includes law offices, accounting and tax preparation, architecture firms, engineering firms, graphic design, marketing and advertising agencies, veterinary services, scientific research and development;
- wholesale trade (NAICS Sector 42): includes businesses engaged in wholesaling merchandise to other businesses; wholesalers normally operate from a warehouse or office that is not intended to solicit walk-in traffic from the general public; and
- educational services (NAICS Sector 61): includes sports and recreation instruction (martial arts, swimming, gymnastics, cheerleading), flight training, exam preparation and tutoring, language schools, cosmetology and barber schools.
For information on application and qualification, click here.