Ask the editor: How is the real estate section compiled?

At Community Impact Newspaper’s Gilbert edition, we have the pleasure of covering America’s largest town with nearly 250,000 residents in six ZIP codes.

That’s a large area to cover, and the number of homes is growing by the day as developers keep building in town. In our monthly real estate section, we provide you a snapshot of what’s happening with home sales from the previous month.

Our information is provided to us by the SouthEast Valley Regional Association of Realtors, which provides business services to Realtors and affiliates in the area. The market data gives a broad look at the number of home sales and prices of homes sold.

We also include a cross section of property listings, which includes a few examples of some of the homes most recently for sale in your neighborhoods.

This month, our regular real estate section complements our reporting on trends in the Gilbert market. We’re excited to bring you a closer look at the area real estate market in our annual real estate edition. As always, thanks for reading!
By Tom Blodgett

Editor, Gilbert

Raised in Arizona, Tom Blodgett has spent more than 30 years in journalism in Arizona and joined Community Impact Newspaper in July 2018 to launch the Gilbert edition. He is a graduate of Arizona State University, where he served as an instructional professional in the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication from 2005-19 and remains editorial adviser to The State Press, the university's independent student media outlet.