Beginning 9 p.m. March 20 through 5 a.m. March 23, traffic near the I-440/I-65 interchange will be reduced to one lane and detoured away from the construction area. TDOT said drivers should be aware of the following detours in place:
• I-440 eastbound traffic will be detoured to I-65 southbound.
• I-440 westbound traffic will be detoured to I-65 northbound.
• I-65 northbound traffic will be detoured to I-440 eastbound.
• I-65 southbound traffic will be detoured to I-440 westbound.
• Franklin Road will be closed from Berry Road to Woodmont Boulevard.
This is the second of two planned weekend closures needed to widen the I-440 bridges over I-65.
As part of the $152.9 million reconstruction project, crews have been working 24 hours a day, six to seven days a week to replace deteriorating concrete pavement with asphalt and upgrade the entire roadway to three lanes in each direction.