Early voting is underway for the Sept. 12 runoff election in Davidson County.
Nashville mayoral candidates John Cooper and incumbent David Briley will be on the ballot after neither candidate received more than 50% of the vote during the Aug. 1 Metro Nashville elections.
Cooper, a current at-large council member, led with 34.98% of votes ahead of Briley, who earned 25.28%.
Also on the ballot for the runoff election are eight a-large candidates. Fifteen candidates ran for five seats in the Aug. 1 election, and eight candidates—Zulfat Suara, Sharon W. Hurt, Sheri Weiner, Burkley Allen, Fabian Bedne, Howard Jones, Steve Glover and Gary W. Moore—are on the ballot in the runoff.
The District 23 council member race is also in the runoff. Incumbent Mina Johnson is facing off against Thom Druffel after neither candidate received 50% or more of the vote.
During the early voting period, which ends Sept. 7, polls are open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Wed. and Sat.), 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (Mon. and Fri.) and 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (Tue. and Thurs.).
Unlike on Election Day, when voters must visit their designated precinct, residents can cast a ballot at any of the following 11 locations beginning Friday, Aug. 30:
• Belle Meade City Hall – 4705 Harding Pike, Nashville
• Bellevue Library – 720 Baugh Road, Nashville
• Bordeaux Library – 4000 Clarksville Pike, Nashville
• Casa Azafrán Community Center – 2195 Nolensville Pike, Nashville
• Edmondson Pike Library – 5501 Edmondson Pike, Nashville
• Goodlettsville Community Center – 200 Memorial Drive, Goodlettsville
• Green Hills Library – 3701 Benham Ave., Nashville
• Hermitage Library – 3700 James Kay Lane, Hermitage
• Howard Office Building – 700 2nd Ave. S., Nashville
• Madison Library – 610 Gallatin Pike, Madison
• Southeast Library – 5260 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Antioch
On Election Day, more than 1,500 Poll Officials will staff 160 voting locations across Davidson County, including 25 in Southwest Nashville. Registered voters must vote at their designated location on Election Day.