1. Clothing boutique Vici plans fall opening in North Gulch
In a May announcement, Vici CEO Sandra Dudum said the company chose Nashville as its expansion city due to its local online customer base. The clothing shop opened Nov. 8.
2. Makeup company Morphe coming this fall to The Mall at Green Hills in Nashville
Cosmetics company Morphe opened its first Tennessee location Nov. 8 inside The Mall at Green Hills.
3. Trader Joe's opens second Nashville location this week near Belle Meade
More than a decade after Trader Joe’s opened a location in Green Hills, the grocery store known for its private label products opened a second Nashville location Oct. 16 near Belle Meade.
4. Cole's Kitchen opens in former Firefly Grille space in Green Hills
Nashville restaurateur Curt Cole closed Firefly Grille in April, only to open a new concept five months later. Cole’s Kitchen opened Sept. 25 on Bandywood Drive in Green Hills.
5. First Tennessee Bank rebrands as First Horizon Bank
First Tennessee Bank announced June 11 the bank will change its name to First Horizon Bank in the fall to align with its parent company, First Horizon National Corp. The banking company officially rebranded Oct. 25. First Tennessee Park will rebrand as First Horizon Park in time for the 2020 season for the Nashville Sounds, according to a release.
6. Forever 21 to open second Nashville-area location in Green Hills
Joining Casper, Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and other stores that have opened in 2019 at The Mall at Green Hills, Forever 21 opened a space June 21 on the lower level.
7. Ole Smoky Moonshine, Yee-Haw Brewing Co. open Nashville distillery
Ole Smoky Moonshine and Yee-Haw Brewing Co. opened a joint brewery and distillery in late April at 423 6th Ave. S., Nashville. Prince's Hot Chicken has a permanent food truck at the venue.
8. Central BBQ now open at Capitol View in Nashville
Memphis-based Central BBQ opened in Capitol View in late October. The Nashville restaurant is the first location to have opened outside of Memphis.
9. Gibson to relocate headquarters to downtown Nashville
Guitar manufacturing brand Gibson announced July 15 the company plans to relocate its Nashville headquarters to Cummins Station, 209 10th Ave. S., Nashville.
10. The Dogwood now open open in Midtown in Nashville
The Dogwood, a bar and restaurants with locations in Austin and Houston, opened a location in mid-October in Midtown.