Residents can drop off new and unwrapped toys at locations throughout the city. The program is organized through Graceworks Ministries' Manger program, which benefits local children. In 2020, nearly 2,000 children benefitted from the program.
“This is our 13th year collecting for Toys for Tots," Brentwood Fire Chief Brian Goss said in a release. "Over the past decade, the community has provided thousands of children with a little bit of holiday cheer. We hope to continue that success this year and invite everyone to give anything they can.”
In addition to toys, Graceworks is also accepting virtual donations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Those interested can purchase items from the nonprofit's Amazon Wishlist, which includes items such as backpacks and sports equipment. Monetary donations can also be made online here.
The city has six locations where residents can drop off toys:
- Brentwood City Hall, 5211 Maryland Way
- Brentwood Service Center and Fire Station No. 3, 1750 General George Patton Drive
- John P. Holt Brentwood Library, 8109 Concord Road
- Fire Station No. 2, 1301 Wilson Pike
- Fire Station No. 4, 1300 Sunset Road
- Brentwood Police Department, 910 Heritage Way