1. Nashville-based eatery Waldo's Chicken & Beer is slated to open a location in mid-January at Liberty Station at 1201 Liberty Pike, Franklin.
The eatery offers fried chicken dishes such as chicken and biscuits, sandwiches, salads and chicken tenders with signature sauces.
Waldo's also features a beer menu with local craft beer on tap. www.waldoschicken.com
2. Chrysalis Modern Italian is slated to open in early 2021 at 9040 Carothers Parkway, Ste. A201, Franklin.
The Italian eatery will feature small plates, such as bruschetta and caprese, as well as pasta and entrees like Osso Buco, Saltimbocca and eggplant Parmesan.
Chrysalis will also feature house cocktails and wine by the glass and bottle. 615-472-1712. www.chrysalis-modern.com
3. Culaccino, an Italian restaurant and bar, will open in downtown Franklin at 104 E. Main St., Franklin, on Jan. 8.
The eatery will be the newest tenant at Harpeth Square and will offer wood-fired pizzas, housemade pastas and other Italian dishes.
Culaccino will also feature an outdoor patio and bar with fire pits as well as a wine list, local craft beers and seasonal cocktails. www.instagram.com/culaccino_tn
4. Hattie Jane's Creamery will open a new location in spring 2021 in the Camden Commons development near Herban Market in Franklin, according to a press release from the company.
The ice cream shop operates two locations in Tennessee in Murfreesboro and Columbia and offers a selection of seasonal flavors as well as year-round options, such as toasted coconut; Mulekick, made with Muletown Roasted Coffee; and Cookie Jar Supreme.
An exact address and opening date have not yet been announced. https://hattiejanescreamery.com
5. Shake Shack is slated to open a new location at McEwen Northside, located at 4031 Aspen Grove, Franklin.
The burger eatery will open in 2021, according to a release from the development. An exact opening date has not yet been announced.
This will be the second Tennessee location for the restaurant, which also operates a location in Green Hills.
The eatery offers burgers, chicken sandwiches, flat-top dogs, fresh-made frozen custard and crinkle-cut fries. www.shakeshack.com
6. Owner and chef Nina Singto will open a new location of Thai Esane in Brentwood at 203 Franklin Road, Ste. 100, Brentwood, in the former location of Nama Sushi Bar at Hill Center Brentwood. The restaurant will offer lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday.
The Thai eatery, which also has a location in Nashville, offers specialty dishes inspired by authentic Southeastern Asian cuisine, such as Malaysian noodles, steamed dumplings, larb chicken wraps, papaya salad, Bangkok wings and drunken noodles.
In addition to the new, 3,500-square-foot Brentwood location, Thai Esane will also have a residency in spring 2021 at Assembly Food Hall, a 100,000-square-foot food hall slated for Fifth and Broadway, a mixed-use retail and entertainment hub under construction in downtown Nashville.
Thai Esane is slated to open in January, according to a release. www.thaiesane.com