Superintendent Jason Golden said the calendar is usually approved later in the year; however, district officials wanted to give parents more notice and time to plan.
The approved calendar includes 85 instructional days in the fall semester and 92 instructional days in the spring semester.
Here are a few key dates for students for the next school year.
- Start of school for grades 1-12: Aug. 6 (half day)
- First full day for kindergarten students: Aug. 16
- Fall break (students): Oct. 11-15
- Veterans Day: Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving break: Nov. 22-26
- Winter break: Dec. 20-31
- Start of second semester: Jan. 5
- Spring break: March 14-18
- Last day of school for students: May 25
See the full calendar from WCS below.