The United Way’s COVID-19 Response Fund, in partnership with Mayor John Cooper’s office and local partners, has raised just over $3.6 million since its inception, and 100% of the fund will go to nonprofits to help individuals impacted by the outbreak and local agencies in need of additional support, according to a press release from United Way.
“These agencies that received the funding are working to provide basic essentials, childcare services, crisis support, domestic violence support, food security, healthcare, immigration services, personal protective equipment, rent/mortgage assistance and utility assistance,” Sen. Bill Frist, chair of the COVID-19 Response Fund of Greater Nashville, said in the release.
Initially, United Way distributed $300,000 from the fund to six community-based nonprofits, including The Salvation Army, NeedLink Nashville, Catholic Charities, Martha O’Bryan Center, Conexion Americas and Rooftop Nashville.
The second round of grants totaling $520,000 will go to the following 27 organizations:
- Elijah’s Heart
- Faith Family Medical Center
- Family & Children’s Service
- GraceWorks Ministries
- Insight Counseling Services
- Interfaith Dental Clinic
- Manna Cafe Ministries
- Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center
- Mental Health America of MidSouth
- Mercy Community Healthcare
- Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency
- Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency - Meals on Wheels
- Nashville Diaper Connection
- Nashville Food Project
- Neighborhood Health
- One Generation Away
- Operation Stand Down Tennessee
- Preston Taylor Ministries
- Project C.U.R.E.
- The Refuge Center for Counseling
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
- Siloam Health
- St. Luke’s Community House
- Tennessee Immigrant & Refugee Rights Coalition
- The Well Outreach, Inc.
- West Nashville Dream Center
- YMCA of Middle Tennessee
For more information on how to contribute, see which organizations receive funding or receive aid from the United Way of Greater Nashville and its COVID-19 Response Fund, visit www.nashvilleresponsefund.com