The Fort Bend ISD board of trustees approved about $131.2 million in contracts, purchases and new hires at its Feb. 18 meeting.
Some of the larger approvals included up to $67.85 million for personal computers, associated equipment and services from Netsync Network Solutions over a five-year period, and up to $13.7 million for instruction and technology resources and industry certifications and supporting practice materials related to the district’s career and technical education program.
Other items included approving about $4.7 million to hire new positions for Malala Yousafzai Elementary School slated to open in January 2020, and adding 106 new positions, including 71 positions for the district’s special education services.
The board also approved eight items under the 2018 Bond program including:
- Approval of utilization of the Construction Manager at Risk delivery method for the construction of the new High School 12, Elementary School 53, and the re-build of Lakeview Elementary School;
- Approval of a service agreement with Job Order Contractor Brown & Root for the Hall Stadium repairs: up to $3.2 million;
- Approval of a construction service agreement with Job Order Contractors Brown & Root for the construction/installation of all Water Heaters/Boilers identified under Bond 2018 Package 024: up to $2.5 million;
- Approval of a construction service agreement with Job Order Contractors (JOC) JR Thomas Group for the construction/installation of all Playgrounds/Landscaping identified under Bond 2018 Package 033: up to $3.3 million;
- Approval of a construction service agreement with Job Order Contractors (JOC) Alpha Building Corporation for the construction/installation of all Fire Alarms identified under Bond 2018 Package 036, and for the construction/installation of Fire Sprinklers identified under Bond 2018 Package 030: up to $2.4 million and $5.6 million respectively;
- Approval of the Schematic Design for a 10-classroom addition at Malala Yousafzai Elementary School located in the Aliana community ($5.6 million budget approved in September);
- Approval of the Schematic Design for rebuild of Meadows Elementary School ($31.5 million budget approved in September); and
- Approval of the Schematic Design for 12-classroom addition at Neill Elementary School ($6.8 million budget approved in December).
The board considers approval of purchases exceeding $50,000. All of the items were approved during the consent agenda portion of the meeting on Feb. 18 and were discussed at the board’s workshop on Feb. 11.