1. Audition for Texas Master Chorale, Aug. 6
Texas Master Chorale holds auditions for sopranos, altos and basses at its Tomball location. The choral ensemble of 100 singers performs at a variety of locations in the Greater Houston area and is open to residents, including those of Spring and Klein. 4-6 p.m. (Sun.), 6-9 p.m. (Mon.). Free. Texas Masters Chorale, 1002 Village Square Drive, Tomball. 281-351-9818. www.texasmasterchorale.org
2. Enjoy a nature activity in Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve, Aug. 7
Visitors can join a staff naturalist for a hands-on nature activity at Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve. Activity groups meet at the pavilion behind the restrooms. 10 a.m. Free. 20215 Chasewood Park Drive, Houston. 713-274-4299. www.hcp4.net/tapevents
3. Early voting begins for $2.5 billion bond referendum, Aug. 8
Early voting for the $2.5 billion Harris County bond referendum for flood prevention projects begins Aug. 8. Here's where to vote in the weeks before election day. www.harrisvotes.com
4. Learn about the Harris County flood bond's potential property tax impact
Residents of Harris County can familiarize themselves with the effect the $2.5 billion county bond referendum could have on their tax bills with this guide prepared by Community Impact Newspaper.
5. Districts affected by flooding could see leniency from TEA this year
The Texas Education Agency last week released a list of school districts that will be eligible for special evaluations in this year's accountability ratings. Spring ISD is among the districts listed.