City & county
- Katy City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 23 at City Hall,901 Avenue C., Katy. Items on the agenda include approving a resolution to authorize the issuance of 2018 tax road bonds in an amount not to exceed $4.8 million.
- Fort Bend Commissioners Court will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 24 at 601 Jackson Street in downtown Richmond's historic courthouse. Items on the agenda include setting a public hearing for the creation of a new reinvestment zone for tax abatement purposes and approving the early voting schedule for the November 6 General Election.
- The Katy ISD board of trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 23 at the Education Support Complex, located at 6301 S. Stadium Lane in downtown Katy. Items on the agenda include setting a date for a public hearing on the proposed tax rate and budget for the 2018-19 school year. ICYMI: A $3 million anonymous gift will fund the full tuition of the University of Houston College of Medicine’s inaugural class. Read more on the surprise gift here.
- Two popular inner-loop restaurants, Jax Grill and the Union Kitchen, are coming to Katy. Read more here.
- The Katy Area Economic Development Council is moving offices.
Part of the long-awaited Spring Green Boulevard roundabout is now open to the public. See the latest news on Katy-area road construction projects here.
July edition is out now!
ICYMI: Our July edition is officially in homes! Read the front-page cover story that explores the Katy starter home market here.