1. New Precinct 4 constable's substation now open at Hwy. 249 and Beltway 8
Harris County Precinct 4 constable's office opened its seventh substation at Hwy. 249 and Beltway 8 on Feb. 7 to increase patrols along the toll road corridor.
2. Spring ISD welcomes input into 2018-19 academic calendar
Monday is the last day for Spring ISD parents to participate in a 2018-19 instructional calendar survey.
3. Klein board holds regular meeting, Feb. 12
The Klein ISD board of trustees holds its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at 7200 Spring-Cypress Road, Spring. The full agenda can be viewed at www.kleinisd.net.
4. Commissioners Court to convene, Feb. 13
Harris County Commissioners Court will meet on Tuesday at 10 a.m. at 1001 Preston St., Ste. 934, Houston. www.harriscountytx.gov
5. Regular Spring ISD board meeting scheduled, Feb. 13
The Spring ISD board of trustees will hold its regular monthly meeting Tuesday at 7 p.m. at 16717 Ella Blvd., Houston. www.springisd.org
6. AARP volunteers help residents prepare taxes
AARP tax-aide volunteers provide free income tax assistance for low- and middle-income individuals at Mangum-Howell Center. Each appointment lasts approximately 45 minutes. Participants must bring their 2016 tax returns and 2017 tax documents to the center, with all paperwork removed from envelopes and organized. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Tue.)., noon-4 p.m. (Wed.). Free. Mangum-Howell Center, 2500 Frick Road, Houston. 281-591-7830. www.hcp4.net/community/communitycenters