9 Hwy. 290 lane closures happening in Cy-Fair this weekend, Feb. 2-4

Several lane closures are scheduled in Cy-Fair this week.

The Texas Department of Transportation has announced the following lane closures scheduled for this weekend in Cy-Fair. For a comprehensive list of closures, go here.

Freeway closures
Hwy. 290 westbound from FM 529 to Jones Road

• Two outside lanes will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 5.

Hwy. 290 eastbound at W. 43rd Street

• One inside lanes will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 5.

Hwy. 290 westbound at W. 43rd Street

• Total closure nightly from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. from Friday, Feb. 2, to Tuesday, Feb. 6.

• Drivers can detour to the W. 43rd exit, take a right on W. 43rd, take a left on Antoine and take a left on Pinemont to return to the westbound mainlanes. The westbound frontage road at W. 43rd will also be closed during these times.

Hwy. 290 westbound exit ramp to Huffmeister Road

• Total closure until further notice.

Hwy. 290 westbound entrance ramp from Hwy. 6/FM 1960

• Total closure until further notice.

Hwy. 290 westbound exit ramp to West Road/N. Eldridge Parkway

• Total closure until 5 a.m. Monday, April 30.

Hwy. 290 westbound entrance ramp from FM 529

• Total closure until 5 a.m. Monday, April 2.

Hwy. 290 westbound exit ramp to Jones Road

• Total closure from 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 5.

Frontage road closures
Hwy. 290 eastbound frontage road from the Telge Road exit ramp to the Barker Cypress Road entrance ramp

• One inside lane will be closed daily from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Friday, Feb. 9.

By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.

(Community Impact Newspaper staff)
Texas Medical Center coronavirus updates: Testing positivity rate continues to climb, surpassing 11%

Between July 26 and Aug. 1, an average of 11.5% of patients tested positive for COVID-19.

Bastion Martial Arts is set to open in late August. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Bastion Martial Arts coming soon to Cy-Fair

The martial arts academy offers programs for all ages and helps improve flexibility, physical strength, confidence and self-discipline.

Mahesh's Kitchen, an upscale Indian restaurant, is preparing to open in Sugar Land Town Square near the end of August. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)
Upscale Indian restaurant coming to Sugar Land; Freebirds Tex-Mex to open in The Woodlands and more Houston-area news

Read the latest business and community news from the Houston area, including that E-bikes will not be permitted on The Woodlands Township pathways.

student writing on paper
Texas Legislature allows parents to opt for students to repeat grade levels or courses

Senate Bill 1697 is effective for the 2021-22 school year.

Construction in the new Dunham Pointe master-planned community is underway. (Danica Lloyd/Community Impact Newspaper)
Development, vaccines and high-speed rail: These were the 8 most read Cy-Fair news stories in July

ICMYI: These were the most popular local news stories on our website this month.

Urban Bird Hot Chicken is coming soon to the Cy-Fair area. (Courtesy Urban Bird Hot Chicken)
Here are the top 5 Cy-Fair restaurant announcements from July

Several restaurant announcements were made throughout July in Cy-Fair.

School supplies will be exempt from the 8.25% sales tax Aug. 6-8. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
What to know before the statewide tax-free weekend Aug. 6-8

Customers will not have to pay the standard 8.25% sales tax on select clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks under $100.

Louetta Automotive Sports Complex will host students from the PSAT academy. (Courtesy Pexels)
Prep Student Athlete Training Academy launching soon in Cy-Fair

The academy educates student-athletes and helps prepare them for their post-graduate careers.

Main Chick Hot Chicken opened its first brick-and-mortar location July 23 in Sugar Land. (Courtesy Main Chick Hot Chicken)
Main Chick Hot Chicken opens in Sugar Land; Urban Bird Hot Chicken coming to Cy-Fair and more Houston-area news

Read the latest business and community news for the Houston area, including two new chicken restaurants.

The meals will be available at no cost for all students with zero requirements for qualification. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Harmony Public Schools to offer free meals to all students

The meals will be available at no cost for all students with zero requirements for qualification.

Shop Texas Boutique is opening its first storefront July 31. (Courtesy Shop Texas Boutique)
Shop Texas Boutique to hold Cy-Fair grand opening

The "Christmas in July"-themed grand opening is scheduled for this weekend.