1. Grand Parkway Marketplace I businesses open
Stores in the Grand Parkway Marketplace I shopping plaza including Target, Michaels, Famous Footwear and other national retailers opened in early 2017.
2. Vintage Marketplace adds restaurants
U-Maki Sushi Burrito opened in the shopping center in June, and Bellagreen opened in October.
3. Sun’s Wholesale Club plaza openings continue
Several restaurants opened in this plaza on FM 1960 throughout the summer, including Hou Wei and Pho Nuong Ume, serving Asian cuisine.
4. Gleannloch Crossing began leasing
Store openings in the Gleannloch Crossing shopping center in the fall included Sport Clips Haircuts of Gleannloch and Iron Tribe Fitness.
5. The Market at Springwoods Village opened
A ribbon cutting marked the opening of this shopping center in November, featuring restaurants and stores such as Chick-fil-A, Kroger and Torchy’s Tacos.
6. Krogers reopen after flooding
Kroger grocery store locations at 10010 Cypresswood Drive, Houston and 15802 Champion Forest Drive, Spring, reopened in December after sustaining flood damage from Hurricane Harvey.
7. Lone Star College-University Park to open Center for Science and Innovation
The 50,000-square-foot building opening in January will include 12 science labs, an observation deck and a geology rock wall.
8. Courthouse annex to reopen after renovations
The renovated Harris County courthouse annex will reopen in February after sustaining flood damage from Hurricane Harvey. The building also houses offices for county tax and law enforcement services.
9. HP campus planned at Springwoods Village
The technology company plans to open two office buildings for 2,400 employees on a 12-acre campus in Springwoods Village in fall 2018.
10. CityPlace projects move forward
The American Bureau of Shipping headquarters will open in this mixed-use development in late 2018. The Mark at CityPlace apartments is scheduled to open in early 2018.