Hwy. 249 lane closures
These closures will take place this week, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
- One northbound outside lane of Hwy. 249 between Brown Road and Spring Creek is closed daily from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. from Monday, Oct. 16, to Friday, Oct. 20.
- The northbound frontage road is closed between FM 2920 and Hicks Road until noon on Saturday, Oct. 21. Drivers can detour from Hicks Road to Quinn Road, continuing left onto Brown Road and turning left onto Hwy. 249.
1. Tomball City Council meets Monday, Oct. 16, at 6 p.m. The council will introduce Halff Associates, who the city will consider working with to update its comprehensive plan. Tomball City Hall, 401 Market Street, Tomball. 28- 351-5484. www.tomballtx.gov
2. The Lone Star College-Tomball music department presents "A Night of Song: Viva Italia" on Monday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. The event serves as a fundraiser for the LSC Foundation to fund music department scholarships. Light refreshments will also be available. Donations will be accepted at the event. Free. LSC-Tomball Beckendorf Conference Center, 30555 Hwy. 249, Tomball. 281-401-1889. www.lonestar.edu/tomball
3. Tomball Business & Professional Women hosts a food festival featuring local restaurants and caterers. Funds support scholarships. 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m $10 (food), $10-$50 (silent auction), Tomball United Methodist Church, 1603 Baker Drive, Tomball. www.tbpw.org
4. The Retreat at Westlock celebrates its grand opening Wednesday, Oct. 18. The apartment complex offers housing for seniors ages 62 and older. Retreat At Westlock, 24055 Hwy. 249, Tomball. www.retreatatwestlock.com
5. The Tomball Lions Club hosts its annual Strokes Helping Folks Golf Tournament fundraiser. 11 a.m.-6 p.m. $125-$450. High Meadow Ranch, 37300 Golf Club Trail, Magnolia. 713-410-6542. www.tomballlionsclub.org
6. The Magnolia Rotary Club hosts the Magnolia Bowl featuring vendors and other activities celebrating Magnolia ISD school spirit. A football game between Magnolia and Magnolia West high schools follows. 2-7 p.m. Free (admission). Magnolia High School, 14350 FM 1488, Magnolia. www.magnoliarotaryclub.org