Friday, Oct. 6
1. The Wheel Kitchen celebrates it’s first anniversary in Tomball with live music from Victorio Menghi. Free. 6-9 p.m. 25510 Zion Lutheran Cemetery Road, Tomball. 346-225-0996. www.facebook.com/wheelkitchen
Saturday, Oct. 7
2. Fans of bluegrass and barbecue are invited to a show presented by Magnolia Bluegrass Friends, at Hickory Corral in Magnolia. View the band's Facebook page for more details. 5-9 p.m. Hickory Corral, 18535 FM 1488, Magnolia.
3. The City of Tomball hosts Paces 4 Pink, a 5K run and one-mile walk to raise breast cancer awareness. Funds benefit TOMAGWA and other local programs. 7 a.m. (registration), 8 a.m. (5K), 9 a.m. (1 mile). $20-$30. Tomball Depot Plaza, 201 S. Elm St., Tomball. 281-351-5484. www.tomballtx.gov.
4. District 249 Bar & Grill invites the public to celebrate its one-year anniversary featuring prizes and raffles, a corn hole tournament and a DJ. Free. 2 p.m. District 2•4•9, 23238 State Highway 249, Tomball. 832-717-0020. www.district249.com
5. The Empty Glass presents its fourth annual Texas Wine Festival. The event features 10 Texas wineries and local breweries, live music, food and vendors. 1-7 p.m. $35-$85. The Empty Glass, 104 Market St., Tomball. 832-698-4722. www.theemptyglass.com
Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 7-8
6. The Texas Renaissance Festival presents its second themed weekend named 1001 Dreams. The theme features the New Market Village and the Magic Garden, filled with magical creatures. Guests can show off their magical costumes at the Fantasy costume contest and participate in the dragon wing eating contest. $30 (adult admission at the gate), $15 (child admission at the gate). Texas Renaissance Festival grounds, 21778 FM 1774, Todd Mission. 800-458-3435. www.texrenfest.com
Sunday, Oct. 8
7. Real Life Church hosts Shine and Show, a car show featuring food trucks and a special service just for men. Free. 5 p.m. Real Life Church, 23845 Hwy. 249, Tomball. 281-469-5850. www.myreallife.com