The Texas Department of Transportation has announced several lane closures in the region this weekend, Dec. 1-3, according to the Houston TranStar database.
- TxDOT crews will close the I-45/I-69 northbound direct connector beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1. The closure will be in effect until 5 a.m. Friday, June 1, as part of a $30.45 million project between I-45, I-69 and Hwy. 288. Drivers can detour via Loop 610 South eastbound to I-69 northbound as well as I-45 northbound to I-69/Hwy. 288 southbound to Southmore, turn left and enter Hwy. 288 northbound to I-69 northbound. Drivers can expect delays and are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
2. The two northbound outside lanes of I-45 between Cullen Boulevard and the I-45/I-65 interchange will also be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, to 5 a.m. Monday, Dec. 4.
3. I-45 northbound between I-10 and Quitman Street is closed from 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, to 5 a.m. Monday, Dec. 4. Drivers can detour from I-10 eastbound to I-69 northbound, then to Loop 610 North westbound and to I-45.
4. The northbound frontage road at Broad Street is closed nightly 9 p.m. to 3 p.m. through June 30, 2018.
5. The northbound frontage road between Velasco and Dowling is closed nightly 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Friday, Dec. 1, to Sunday, Dec. 3.
6. The northbound frontage road between Bastrop Street and Saint Emanuel is closed nightly 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Friday, Dec. 1, to Monday, Dec. 4.
Loop 610 South closures
7. The eastbound connector ramp from Loop 610 south to I-45 is closed until 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 31.
8. The eastbound and westbound connector ramp from I-10 to Hwy. 290 westbound is closed from 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, to 5 a.m. Monday, Dec. 4. Drivers can detour to West 18th Street, turn left on West 18th Street and turn right onto Mangum Road to Hwy. 290 westbound.
9. I-10 westbound between I-45 north and Houston Avenue is closed from 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, to 5 a.m. Monday, Dec. 4. Drivers can detour from I-45 to Loop 610 North westbound and I-10.
10. Three inside lanes westbound from N. Post Oak Road to Gessner Drive are closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Saturday, Dec. 2.
Hwy. 290 closures
11. Hwy. 290 westbound between West Road and Eldridge Parkway is closed from 3 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, to 5 a.m. Monday, Dec. 4. Drivers can detour to the frontage road.
12. The eastbound frontage road between Gun and West Tidwell Road is closed nightly 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Monday, Dec. 4.