Between new businesses opening, canvassing election results and a workshop on vehicle safety, here are a few things residents of The Woodlands area should keep in mind this week, Nov. 13-18.
- Registration for the 19th annual Daddy Daughter Dinner Dance opens Nov. 13.
The event will take place Feb. 10 from 6-9:30 p.m. at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel Convention & Convention Center. The event features dancing, games and dinner and costs $125 per pair and $50 per additional sibling until Jan. 2. To register for the event, click here.
2. Montgomery County Commissioners Court meets Nov. 14.
Agenda items include canvassing election results from the Nov. 7 election, appointing a representative to the 2018 Houston-Galveston Area Council General Assembly Board of Directors and allocating votes for candidates for the election of the 2018-19 Montgomery Central Appraisal District Board of Directors. To view the agenda, click here.
3. Shenandoah Police Department will host a workshop for residents on vehicle safety Nov. 14 from 7-9 p.m.
The free event will include tips on avoiding break-ins and theft from SPD officials and will take place at the Shenandoah Municipal Complex. For more information, click here.
4. Jeffrey and Company Jewelers will celebrate its grand opening in the Village of Creekside Park with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Nov. 16, at 8522 Creekside Forest Drive, The Woodlands.
Owned by Jeffrey Scott, the full-service jewelry store offers custom jewelry design, appraisals, restoration and repairs, and also purchases gold and silver. The shop specializes in antique and estate jewelry and carries bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings, pendants and men’s accessories. A portion of all sales will be donated to the MD Anderson Cancer Center throughout the end of 2017. 281-964-8733. www.jeffreyandcompanyjewelers.com
5. The Woodlands Township Board of Directors will host a special meeting to canvass election results at noon Nov. 17.
Following the Nov. 7 election, challenger Carol Stromatt defeated incumbent Laura Fillault for the township board of directors Position 7 with 54 percent of the vote in Montgomery County, or 2,399 votes. Stromatt will officially take her place at the township dais at the Nov. 17 meeting. To view the agenda, click here.
6. The Ice Rink at The Woodlands Town Center opens at 10 a.m. Nov. 18.
Located in its new 21,000-square-foot facility adjacent to The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, the ice rink will be open Mon.-Thu. 3-9 p.m., Fri. 3-11 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-11 p.m., Sun. noon-7 p.m., until Jan. 15. For more information, click here.