The Texas Department of Transportation has announced several lane closures in the region this weekend, Dec. 8-10, according to the Houston TranStar database. Here are 12 to be aware of when traveling.
Loop 610 South closures
- The eastbound connector ramp will have a total closure from Loop 610 South to I-45 until 3 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 31. Loop 610 eastbound traffic will take the I-45 southbound connector ramp and exit Broadway and u-turn. 610 eastbound traffic will exit Telephone Road and take Telephone Road to Park Place to SH-35.
Loop 610 North closures
2. The eastbound and westbound frontage road and frontage road connector ramp of Loop 610 North will have total closure daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 22. Drivers should head east on East 31st Street, turn right on Avernus Street. to the Loop 610 westbound frontage road.
3. The eastbound and westbound frontage road on Loop 610 North will have total closure at at Hinton Blvd. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Friday, Jan. 5, 2018. Drivers should head east on E. 32nd Street turn right on Airline Drive to the Loop 610 westbound frontage road.
4. The I-10 westbound connector ramp to Loop 610 West northbound will have one inside lane closed continuously until 3 p.m., Saturday, June 30, 2018.
Hwy. 290 closures
5. Hwy. 290 will have total closure westbound from West Road to Eldridge Parkway from 9:00 PM, Friday, December 8 to 1:00 PM, Saturday, December 9. Drivers should detour to the frontage road and re-enter westbound mainlanes after Eldridge Parkway.
6. Hwy. 290 will be have total closure eastbound and westbound from Becker road to Katy Hockley Road/Roberts Road on Sunday, December 10 from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
7. Hwy. 290 will have one outside lane closed eastbound from Badtke Road to Mason Road from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Tuesday, Dec. 12.
8. Hwy. 290 will have one outside lane closed daily on the westbound frontage road at Gessner Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Wednesday, Dec. 13.
9. TxDOT crews closed the I-45/I-69 northbound direct connector Friday, Dec. 1. The closure will be in effect until 5 a.m. Friday, June 1, as part of a $30.45 million project between I-45, I-69 and Hwy. 288.
Drivers can detour via Loop 610 South eastbound to I-69 northbound as well as I-45 northbound to I-69/Hwy. 288 southbound to Southmore, turn left and enter Hwy. 288 northbound to I-69 northbound. Drivers can expect delays and are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
10. The northbound frontage road at Broad Street is closed nightly 9 p.m. to 3 p.m. through June 30, 2018.
11. I-45 will have two outside lanes closed northbound from Cullen Road to I-45/I-69 interchange nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. through the morning of Sunday, Dec. 10.
12. I-45 will have one inside lane closed on the northbound and southbound frontage road from Loop 610 South to Monroe Blvd. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 15.