Stay in the know this week with these important news items to follow in Katy, Aug. 13-17:
City & County
- Katy City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 13 at City Hall in downtown Katy at 901 Avenue C, Katy. Items on the agenda include authorizing Katy Mayor Chuck Brawner to sign a memorandum regarding the development of a hotel and conference center for the Katy Boardwalk District.
- The Katy City Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14 at City Hall to discuss adopting the Harris County Flood Control District’s criteria for developing in the Addicks and Barker reservoir watersheds. Katy City Council will hold another public hearing on the requirements at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 27.
- Harris County Commissioners Court will meet at 10 a.m. on Aug. 14 at 1001 Preston St., Ste. 934, Houston. Items on the agenda include taking action on several agreements for the flood control district.
- Fort Bend County Commissioners Court will meet at 1 p.m. Aug. 14 at 601 Jackson St., Richmond. Items on the agenda include taking action on the Fort Bend County Public Transportation Public Participation Plan.
- Early voting for Harris County’s $2.5 billion flood mitigation bond is underway. Find out where and how to vote here.
- The first day of school for Katy ISD is Wed., Aug. 15. Last week the district announced several new policies that will help increase security for the 2018-19 school year, including a visitor ID requirement, clear bag policy and more.