Katy residents can stay in the know this week by following these news items for July 9-13.
City & county
- Katy City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 9, at City Hall in downtown Katy. Items on the agenda include taking action on resolutions for the Katy Town Square. 901 Ave. C, Katy.
- Fort Bend County Commissioners Court will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, at the historic courthouse in downtown Richmond. Items on the agenda include extending the contract for the Spring Green Boulevard extension project in Katy through the end of August. 401 Jackson St., Richmond.
- Harris County Commissioners Court will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, in the Harris County Administration Building. Items on the agenda include holding public hearings for approval of a county action plan for Hurricane Harvey Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery funding; Harris County buyout program guidelines for 2015 and 2016; and Hurricane Harvey CDBG-DR funding for submission to the Texas General Land Office.
- In case you missed it: Outgoing Katy ISD Superintendent Lance Hindt will no longer preside over board meetings “until further notice.” Read more on the structural changes here.
- Katy adopted a $6 million sales-tax abatement agreement with American Furniture Warehouse during a regular meeting of Katy City Council on June 25. The new development will anchor the Village at Katy and bring hundreds of jobs to the city. Read more here.
- A new entertainment venue is expected to open in Katy this summer. iRace Entertainment will feature kart racing, NASCAR simulators, boutique bowling, laser tag, virtual reality machines and an arcade.