1. Former Blue Owl brewery to open Roughhouse Brewing in San Marcos
Native Texans Alex and Davy Pasternak plan to open a rustic-style, winery-inspired brewery called Roughhouse Brewing next year. The brewery is located on the family's 50-acre ranch down the street from Middleton Brewing.
2. San Marcos CISD to hold budget workshop Monday
Trustees will continue discussions on the 2018-19 budget Monday night during their special meeting. Last month, the board discussed possibly giving teachers and staff raises.
3. Tuesday is Election Day for the 2018 primaries
More than 11,000 Hays County residents turned out for primary early voting in the last two weeks. Tuesday is the last day to vote for the contested party races.
4. Daylight saving time begins this Sunday
Texans will spring forward an hour this Sunday as daylight saving time begins. Clocks will change at 2 a.m. Sunday.
5. San Marcos City Council holds first public hearing on budget policy Tuesday
On Tuesday, council members will vote on whether to approve their strategic initiatives for the next 12-18 months and hold a public hearing to adopt a budget policy for FY 2018-19.
Initiatives include community partnerships, workforce housing and public transit.
Correction: This story has been updated to reflect the correct number of ballots cast during early voting for the March 6 primaries.