First day of early voting: April 22
Last day to apply for ballot by mail: April 23
Last day of early voting: April 30
Election day: May 4
Pflugerville ISD board of trustees
Renae Mitchell is running uncontested for Place 3.
Vernagene Mott is running uncontested for Place 4.
Read a Q&A with Place 5 candidates.
Hutto City Council
Read a Q&A with Place 3 candidates.
Read a Q&A with Place 4 candidates.
Read a Q&A with Place 6 candidates.
Mayor of Hutto
Read a Q&A with mayor candidates.
Hutto ISD bond
Residents living in Hutto ISD boundaries will see a $194.4 million bond proposal on their ballots.
Following months of committee meetings, the Hutto ISD board of trustees Feb. 14 voted unanimously to put the bond proposition on May’s ballot.
“We’ve been going over this,” Hutto ISD board President Connie Gooding said. “This was not a hasty decision.”
Voter ID required
Texas voters are required to present one of seven specific forms of photo identification before they may cast their ballots. Voters must present one of the following forms of ID to vote:
- Texas driver’s license*
- Texas Election Identification Certificate*
- Texas personal ID card
- Texas License To Carry a handgun
- U.S. citizenship certificate with photo
- U.S. military ID card with photo
- U.S. passport
*Issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety
Voters who cannot obtain one of the seven acceptable forms of photo ID due to a reasonable impediment may present a supporting form of identification and execute a Reasonable Impediment Declaration.
Supporting forms of ID that can be presented for voters with a reasonable impediment are:
- Valid voter registration certificate
- Original certified birth certificate
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government document with voter’s name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)
For additional information regarding voter ID laws, go to the Texas secretary of state office’s website, www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/need-id.html.