Here are the most-clicked stories of 2018 for Northwest Austin.
1. Austin’s second downtown takes shape
Development in an area targeted almost 20 years ago to be Austin’s second downtown has picked up steam in the past year, including plans to densify the IBM Broadmoor Campus and a proposal for a Major League Soccer stadium.
2. Voters approve $508 million Round Rock ISD bond
Results from Williamson and Travis counties show 64.78 percent of Round Rock ISD voters in favor of the district’s $508.4 million bond proposition.
3. B.B. Rover’s, one of Austin’s first craft beer bars, could close by Christmas unless buyer steps forward
One of Austin’s first craft beer bars could close by Christmas unless a buyer steps forward to purchase the 30-year-old pub.
4. TxDOT unveils preliminary design for Loop 360 overpass at Spicewood Springs Road
Residents got their first glimpse Nov. 13 of a proposed project that will eliminate the main lane traffic signals at Loop 360 and Spicewood Springs Road/Bluffstone Drive in Northwest Austin and add an overpass.
5. New brewery will join North Austin’s growing craft beer scene this summer
A new brewery will join the ranks of North Austin’s growing craft beer scene this summer. Hopsquad Brewing Co. plans to open between July and September 2018.
6. Kerbey Lane Cafe resumes plans for new Braker Lane location
Kerbey Lane Cafe is in the permitting process with the city of Austin for its ninth location on Braker Lane.
7. The development race for McKalla Place: 9 things to know
Two more development proposals came forward June 5 night in a race to develop the coveted city-owned McKalla Place site in North Austin.
In 2017, Precourt Sports Ventures announced its plans to relocate the Columbus Crew Major League Soccer team to Austin and build a stadium. The group set its sights on a 24-acre plot of city-owned land at 10414 McKalla Place, located southeast of the Burnet Road and Braker Lane intersection.
8. Here are 11 new apartment communities coming soon in Northwest Austin
With more people moving to the Austin area every day, new residential communities are popping up.
9. Pflugerville ISD approves $332 million bond election
Pflugerville ISD voters will officially see a $332 million bond proposal on the ballot this November.
10. Here’s what is on the ballot for Northwest Austin residents for the Nov. 6 election
Several local, statewide and federal elections are taking place this November. Here is a look at what is on the ballot for residents in the Northwest Austin area.