- Leander ISD board considers preliminary scenarios for new elementary zoning
Two scenarios for attendance zoning for LISD’s Elementary School No. 27 were presented to the board of trustees on Feb. 1.
- Learn how Austin traffic congestion compares globally, according to report
In the top 25 list of worst offenders, 10 U.S. cities made the list, including the No. 1 spot awarded to Los Angeles. Dallas was the only Texas city in the top 25, coming in at No. 22, just behind Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- Academic calendar options considered by LISD board of trustees
Leander ISD board of trustees considered four academic calendar options at a meeting Feb. 1, including three calendar options applicable if the school became a district of innovation, or DOI, and another option that does not use the DOI exemptions.
- Williamson County burn ban lifted after two weeks
Because of the recent rain across Williamson County, the burn ban that has been in effect for two weeks was lifted last week.
- Pedernales Electric Cooperative to increase transmission cost
Cooperative customers will see an increase in their monthly bills, as the transmission cost of service is due to increase beginning March 1, according to a news release from the nonprofit utility cooperative.
- Austin Community College board approves new entrepreneurship program
The Austin Community College District will offer a new associate degree in entrepreneurship starting in the fall.
- Affordable housing at the forefront of Williamson County public hearing scheduled for late February
Williamson County residents concerned with rising housing costs will have a chance to make their voices heard later this month at a public hearing held during a Commissioners Court meeting.
- Primary elections begin in March: Here’s what voters need to know
Information for Williamson County voters may be found here. Details for Travis County voters can be found here.