Here are 10 recent topics in Leander and Cedar Park, from the Leander mayor’s State of the City Address to Williamson County’s burn ban.
1. Leander’s State of the City Address and Reception held Jan. 30
On Tuesday, Mayor Chris Fielder will provide an update on the city. 5 p.m. $7. Hill Country Bible Church Leander, 11880 Hero Way West, Ste. 600, Leander. 512-259-1907. www.leandercc.org
2. Williamson County property taxes due Jan. 31
Williamson County property owners must have paid their 2017 property taxes in full by the end of January to avoid paying penalties and accruing interest.
3. Cedar Park calls sales tax reallocation, charter amendment election
In May, Cedar Park voters are set to decide on whether to reallocate a portion of sales tax revenue from one of the city’s economic development boards to fund drainage improvements and street repairs in the city.
5. Volente City Council outlines village priorities for 2018
The village of Volente City Council officially adopted a list of priorities and goals for 2018 at its meeting Jan. 16.
6. Officials break ground on Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter expansion project
After coping with overcrowding issues, the Williamson County Animal Shelter Is on its way to moving into a brand-new facility in spring 2019, officials said.
7. Block House Creek neighborhood dealing with mailbox vandalism
The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed it has responded to five calls of vandalized mailboxes in the area since November.
8. Energy tech company Hyliion may bring up to 229 jobs to Cedar Park
The company plans to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Brushy Creek Corporate Center.
9. Visual history book of Leander Police Department published
The book commemorates the department’s 40th anniversary.
10. Williamson County issues burn ban
In the wake of multiple fires in the past few weeks, Williamson County commissioners voted last week to issue a burn ban.