- Attendance zoning process underway for Larkspur-area elementary school
Leander ISD board of trustees voted to begin the board review process for attendance zoning for the district’s Elementary School No. 27 at a meeting Jan. 18.
2. Plans for Leander’s fifth fire station moving forward
The station will be located near the Travisso neighborhood.
3. Williamson County Sheriff’s Office to appear on ‘Live PD’ reality show
With a unanimous vote Thursday morning, Williamson County Commissioners approved a contract to allow deputies with the sheriff’s office to appear on “Live PD,” a reality television show that follows police officers on their daily rides.
4. Leander ISD’s district of innovation plan posted for public feedback
The Leander ISD district of innovation plan has been posted online for feedback from the community.
5. Cedar Park zoning commission Oks code amendment for roofing requirements
The Cedar Park Planning and Zoning Commission voted to approve a revision to the city’s Code of Ordinances regarding roofing in neighborhood businesses on Jan. 16.
6. See how Austin compares to Amazon’s other HQ2 finalists
Seattle-based online retailer Amazon named Austin and Dallas as two of 20 finalists for the company’s potential second headquarters, HQ2, in an announcement Jan. 18.