- US 183 North toll project could move forward without 4th continuous nontolled lane
A proposed toll project along US 183 in Northwest Austin faced another delay Wednesday as officials with the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority await on a response from state transportation officials on its toll policy. Read more.
2. Cedar Park City Council approves economic incentive deal to bring 100+ jobs to the city
A diversified holding company and for-profit education company is set to bring more than 100 jobs to Cedar Park. Find out more.
3. Cedar Park Walmart on Walton Way fully reopened after fire damage
The Walmart store at 201 Walton Way, Cedar Park, fully reopened Dec. 12. Learn more.
4. Leander ISD begins new bond projects this month
After school district voters passed Leander ISD’s $454.4 bond package on Nov. 7, the district plans to begin design and construction on the bond projects, such as several new schools, agricultural barns and stadium and classroom expansions. Read more.
5. Austin Community College board approves first bachelor’s degree program
At its monthly meeting on Dec. 4, the Austin Community College board of trustees approved two new degree programs: an RN-to-BSN Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree and an Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Management degree. Find out more.