What records do I need?
Use this checklist to ensure your child will meet enrollment requirements at Georgetown ISD.
- An original, certified birt certificate
- Social Security card (if available)
- Driver’s license or photo ID for parent or guardian registering the student
- Proof of residency in GISD’s attendance zone, either through a rental agreement, utility bill, property tax statement or signed purchase contract
- A withdrawal form from a previous school district if transferring to GISD from a different Texas school district
- Most-recent report card and transcripts if the student is transferring from another school district
- Diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis (DTaP/DTP/DT/Td/Tdap): Five doses of diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine; one dose must have been received on or after the 4th birthday. However, four doses meet the requirement if the fourth dose was received on or after the 4th birthday.
- Polio: Four doses of polio; one dose must be received on or after the 4th birthday. However, three doses meet the requirement if the third dose was received on or after the 4th birthday.
- Measles, mumps and rubella 2 (MMR): Two doses are required, with the first dose received on or after the 1st birthday. Students vaccinated prior to 2009 with two doses of measles and one dose each of rubella and mumps satisfy this requirement. Varicella: Two doses are required. The first dose of varicella must be received on or after the 1st birthday.
- Hepatitis A: Two doses are required. The first dose of hepatitis A must be received on or after the 1st birthday.
Children also need current immunization records with the following:
What should I know before enrollment?
These tips can help make the enrollment process easier.
- Check your GISD attendance zone to see which school your child will attend.
- Attend enrollment sessions, which are typically held in the spring prior to the start of students’ first days of school. Details are available at www.georgetownisd.org.
- Remember: Pre-K enrollment may require additional documentation based on Texas Education Agency regulations.
What about preschools?
There are a number of preschool providers in the Georgetown area. These listings are not comprehensive.
Bright Beginnings Preschool
1525 W. University Ave., Georgetown
Child’s Place Preschool
6200 Williams Drive, Georgetown
Community Montessori School
500 Pleasant Valley Drive, Georgetown
Learning Tree Preschool
410 E. University Ave., Georgetown
Primrose School of Georgetown
2250 Wolf Ranch Parkway, Georgetown
Primrose School at Rancho Sienna
705 Via De Sienna Blvd., Georgetown
Xplor Preschool and School Age Care
3310 Williams Drive, Georgetown
What about charter schools?
Here are are some charter school options in the Georgetown area. These listings are not comprehensive.
Gateway College Preparatory School
3360 Westinghouse Road, Georgetown
Gateway Tech High School
2951 Williams Drive, Bldg. 2, Georgetown
Georgetown Charter Academy
302 Serenada Drive, Georgetown
Grades: pre-K through 12
700 Stadium Drive, Georgetown
Grades: pre-K through 8