Ring in the new year at noon
Residents are invited to ring in the new year at noon. Attendees can play games, make crafts, dance, make wishes for 2018 and count down to noon. 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Free. Roy and Helen Hall Memorial Library, 101 E. Hunt St., and John and Judy Gay Library, 6861 Eldorado Parkway. https://mckinneypubliclibrary.ticketleap.com
Dallas Area Rapid Transit offers free rides to patrons New Year’s Eve
Those needing a lift on New Year’s Eve will be able to use Dallas Area Rapid Transit’s services for free. DART, in partnership with Miller Lite, announced it would offer free travel options from its bus, light rail, paratransit vehicles and Trinity Railway Express services.
The free services will begin at 6 p.m. Dec. 31 and last until the end of service for each travel option, according to a DART news release. More information about this free service can be found here.
City offices, facilities closed for holidays
The following city offices and facilities will be closed for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Times vary.
- Apex Centre (open Jan. 1 between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.)
- City administration offices (closed Jan. 1)
- City Hall (closed Jan. 1)
- The Courts Tennis Complex (closed Jan. 1)
- Dr Pepper StarCenter (closed Jan. 1)
- Libraries (closed Jan. 1)
- McKinney Performing Arts Center administration and ticket office (closed Jan. 1)
- Municipal court (closed Jan. 1)
- Oak Hollow Municipal Golf Course (closed Jan. 1)
- Recreation centers (closed Jan. 1)
- Senior exercise pool (closed Jan. 1)
Meet the farmer behind the coffee at Pacific Tradewinds
Farmer David Bateman from Heavenly Hawaiian Farms will stop by Pacific Tradewinds Coffee Co. to answer questions about growing coffee beans in Hawaii. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. Pacific Tradewinds, 3103 N. McDonald St., Ste. 100. Free. www.pacifictradewindscoffee.com