1. Trash and recycling services to be delayed
Trash and recycling will not be gathered in Plano Christmas Day. To make up for the missed day, trash and recycling pickup services will be pushed back one day:
- Monday's collection will be on Tuesday
- Tuesday's collection will be on Wednesday
- Wednesday's collection will be on Thursday
- Thursday's collection will be on Friday
The city will also offer live Christmas tree and wreath drop-off services in multiple locations starting Tuesday:
2. Dallas Area Rapid Transit to offer free rides to patrons New Year’s Eve
Dallas Area Rapid Transit announced Dec. 20 it would offer free travel options on New Year's Eve from its bus, light rail, paratransit vehicles and Trinity Railway Express services. The free service will begin at 6 p.m. Dec. 31.
Final DART light rail trains leave from West End Station in Downtown Dallas at the following times:
- Red Line to Parker Road: 1:14 a.m.
- Blue Line to Downtown Rowlett: 1:17 a.m.
- Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford Road: 1:26 a.m.
- Orange Line to LBJ/Central: 10:24 p.m.
- Red Line to Westmoreland: 1:20 a.m.
- Blue Line to UNT Dallas: 1:36 a.m.
- Green Line to Buckner: 1:36 a.m.
- Orange Line to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: 11:41 p.m.
For more information regarding service schedules, visit the DART and TRE websites.
3. New Year’s Eve bar hop at the Shops at Legacy
The Brixton, Scruffy Duffies and Ringo’s Pub are co-hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration. There is a one-time $20 cover for access to all three bars, which also includes a champagne toast and party favors.
4. Ring in the new year at Granite Park
106.1 KISS FM’s New Year's Eve celebration will be hosted at the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park 5805 Granite Parkway, Plano. Tickets are available at www.eventbrite.com