Several Cedar Park, Leander and Williamson County offices will be closed Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day, but there are some events and activities planned.
Memorial Day closures
- Cedar Park and Leander municipal offices will be closed Monday and will resume normal business hours May 30.
- The Cedar Park Library will be closed all day Monday and will reopen at 9 a.m. May 30.
- The Leander Public Library will be closed on both Sunday, May 28, and Monday, May 29.
- All schools throughout Leander ISD also will be closed Monday.
- Williamson and Travis county offices will be closed, resuming regular operating hours on May 30.
- Capital Metro will have modified service hours, operating on a Sunday schedule in observance of the holiday. There will be no MetroRail, UT Shuttle or E-Bus service. All MetroAccess trips will be canceled May 29. Customers who need to keep them should call 512-852-7272 or visit www.capmetro.org/maonline to reschedule. Service will return to its regular weekday schedule May 30.
Poolapalooze, free adoptions
May 27-29 is opening weekend for Cedar Park pools, and the Parks and Recreation Department hosts Poolapalooza from noon-6 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Pool, 2525 W. New Hope Drive, Cedar Park. The event will feature live music, a cannon ball contest and swimming for all ages. Concessions are available.
“That’s a lot of fun because it’s kind of a unique opportunity to get some poolside music while you’re out there cooling off in the hot weather,” Parks and Recreation Director Curt Randa said.
Admission is free for those with a military ID and children 3 years and younger. Fees are $2 for children age 4-8, $4 for students age 9-17, $5 for adults and $2 for seniors age 60 and older.
Pools will open daily starting June 3. For more information, call 512-401-5500 or visit www.cedarparktexas.gov/departments/parks-recreation.
The Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter will be open regular hours from noon-6 p.m. and is offering free adoptions for adult dogs and cats May 27-29.