1. Worth the trip: "Mary Poppins" brought on stage at the Georgetown Palace Theatre
The musical "Mary Poppins" will be performed at Georgetown Palace Theatre through Aug. 19.
Fri. at 7:30 p.m.; Sat. at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; and Sun. at 2 p.m. $15-32. 810 South Austin Ave., Georgetown. 512-869-7469. www.georgetownpalace.com
2. Cedar Park Public Library hosts Mini Con event
Gaming, comics and cosplay are all a part of the Cedar Park Public Library's event.
5-9 p.m. Free. 550 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park. 512-401-5635. www.cedarparktexas.gov/library
3. Mikaela Kahn performs at Takara Sushi & Asian Bistro
The restaurant features live pop and R&B music performed by Austin musician Mikaela Kahn.
6:30-9:30 p.m. Free. 1335 E. Whitestone Blvd., Ste. T-140, Cedar Park. 512-528-5449. www.takaraonline.com
4. Daughters of the American Revolution holds workshop
Women who think they may have a Revolutionary War patriot in their family can attend a membership workshop with the San Gabriel Chapter of DAR.
10 a.m.-1 p.m. Cedar Park Public Library, 550 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park. 480-329-1840. www.texasdar.org
5. Live music performed at Casa Costa Bake Shop in celebration of the shop's one-year anniversary
Brazilian singer Si Novais will perform Brazilian music at the event, which also features special brunch in the Brazilian tradition.
9 a.m.-2 p.m. 201 Bagdad St., Leander. 773-777-3909. www.casacostabakeshop.com