1. Leander City Council alters street-facing garage regulations
During two meetings in December and January, City Council talked about amending the ordinance to allow for street-facing garages with three bay doors in certain uses, ultimately voting to change it.
2. Cedar Park police sergeant discusses illegitimate peddler scams
The Cedar Park Police Department received eight calls about scams and disputes related to mulch landscaping work between February and November, department spokesperson Alicia Inns said.
3. Leander ISD budget amendment could allow instrument purchases if approved
A proposed Leander ISD budget amendment of $791,327.91 may allow for the purchase of fine arts equipment if approved by the district’s board of trustees on Jan. 18.
4. Volente Volunteer Fire Department to receive grant
The Lower Colorado River Authority and Pedernales Electric Cooperative plan to present a $16,000 community grant to the Volente Volunteer Fire Department on Jan. 8.
5. Facing a bus driving shortage, Leander ISD raises pay, incentives for drivers
Leander ISD has raised its bus driver starting salary by a dollar to $16.50 an hour, after a decision by the district’s board of trustees Thursday night.