1. $200M residential, retail and hospitality center The District is coming to Round Rock
The Nov. 8 announcement of the unique development coming to Round Rock was the most popular story of the year. The 65-acre mixed-use development will be built at SH 45 and North Greenlawn Boulevard in Round Rock.
2. Construction timeline revealed for Costco in Pflugerville
The construction timeline for Pflugerville's planned Costco store was detailed in an April 19 web post. Officials hope the store will open in July 2018.
3. El Rincon in Pflugerville closed
The Pflugerville restaurant El Rincon posted a sign to its door stating the restaurant was permanently closed after a difficult year. Two days later, El Rincon reopened without a liquor license.
4. 7 perks the new Pflugerville ALDI store will offer employees
In Jan. 2017, excitement for Pflugerville's ALDI store was building, boosting this list to the fourth most popular story of the year.
5. See the plans for the new Pflugerville Costco store coming in 2018
In April, details about the Pflugerville Costco store were announced.
6. Round Rock pizzeria PS 35 closes after less than six months in business
Less than six months after it opened, the Round Rock pizza restaurant PS 35 closed its doors in November.
7. The Scarlet Rabbit will become Finley's in downtown Round Rock
Downtown Round Rock restaurant The Scarlet Rabbit was taken over by a new owner in May and is being transformed into a new restaurant called Finley's.
8. Round Rock's Sweet Love & Sugar Britches will close at the end of February
The downtown Round Rock store Sweet Love & Sugar Britches closed its doors in February after 14 years of business.
9. Pflugerville Aldi grocery store to open its doors Nov. 2
After much anticipation, Pflugerville residents learned the grocery store would open Nov. 2 with a grand opening ceremony.
10. A complete guide to what each of the 7 proposed Texas constitutional amendments means on the November ballot
This October guide to the seven amendments to the state's constitution that appeared on the November ballot was the tenth most popular story in the area this year.