1. Rates for residents in WCID 17 have increased
Taxpayers of the Travis County Water Control & Improvement District No. 17 face a rate increase of $5 a month beginning in January to pay for future costs related to upcoming road construction along RM 620. Learn more here.
2. Lakeway’s monthly Big Band Bash is tonight
The Republic of Texas band plays at the Lakeway Activity Center, 105 Cross Creek, Lakeway, Monday from 8-10 p.m. The event is free. www.lakeway-tx.gov
3. Ongoing developments will be discussed by Bee Cave City Council Tuesday
According to the meeting agenda, City Council will discuss and potentially take action on site plans for Plate by Dzintra, the Spillman Ranch, Lake Travis ISD Middle School No. 3, Hill Country Indoor and Gateway to Falconhead. Council will also consider requesting a cost estimate for a connection between Bee Cave Parkway and West Hwy. 71.
Council will meet at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 4000 Galleria Parkway, Bee Cave.
4. West Lake Hills will discuss infrastructure improvements Wednesday
City Council will discuss the scope of work for potential drainage projects on Reveille Road and Rocky River Road at its meeting Dec. 13, according to the meeting agenda. City Council convenes at 7:05 p.m. at City Hall, 911 Westlake Drive, West Lake Hills.
5. TexARTS puts on ‘A Cool Yule’ performance stating Thursday
A five-year tradition continues with a holiday cabaret Thursday-Sunday. 7:30 p.m. (Thu.-Sat.), 2 p.m. (Sun.). $40. 2300 Lohmans Spur, Ste. 160, Lakeway. 512-852-9079. www.tex-arts.org
6. Ensemble VIII performs Thursday night
The group celebrates the season with a performance of Vivaldi’s “Gloria” and other Baroque works Thursday. 7:30 p.m. $35-$45. Westlake Hills Presbyterian Church, 7127 Bee Caves Road, Austin. 512-327-1116. www.ensembleviii.org
7. Holiday events are taking place in the Austin area all month
Check out our list of winter and holiday-themed events taking place through the new year.