The pool's opening comes after Fulton County authorities' recent inspection approval for the pool, the release said, just in time for Memorial Day weekend.
However, the pool will have new safety measures in place in response to COVID-19.
The release said there will be enhanced cleaning at the pool, furniture may be shifted to encourage social distancing and signs will be posted around the pool deck to promote health recommendations and outline social distancing rules.
New COVID-19 rules and regulations are as follows, in addition to normal pool rules, which can be found here.
- The total capacity inside the pool fence is 40 people.
- The total capacity of the walk-in baby pool is five people.
- Bathrooms are limited to two people at a time.
- Parents are required to monitor and enforce social distancing practices for their children when using either the pool and/or while on the pool deck to maintain social distance of 6 feet from non-family swimmers.
- The water fountain will be closed, but guests can bring their own nonalcoholic beverages. Beverages in non-glass containers can be purchased at the nearby vending machine.
- No swim toys of any kind are permitted at the pool, including but not limited to inflatable devices, noodles, kickboards, rafts and any other items which could be shared.
- Inflatable devices, such as life jackets or floaties, are permitted.
- The pool deck and surrounding equipment will be disinfected every evening at closing.
- Large groups and parties are not allowed.
- Lost and found items will be thrown away at closing each day.
- Social distancing must be maintained during the check-in process, on the pool deck and in the pool.
- High-touch areas, such as ladder rails, handles and other items, will be wiped down every 1-2 hours.
- On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays of non-holiday weeks, the first hour of the pool's operation—11 a.m.-noon—will be reserved for guests age 55 and older; however, this does not apply on Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day weekends.
Those interested in visiting the pool can pay $5 per person daily, or they can purchase a seasonal membership. Membership prices are as follows.
- Individual membership: $75
- Senior membership (age 55 and older): $55
- Family membership (up to four members): $200
- Family membership (five members): $250
- Family membership (six members): $300
- Family membership (seven members): $350
Milton City Pool has undergone several upgrades in recent weeks, including the addition of new pool chairs and tables, a completely resurfaced deck, stainless steel dive blocks to replace the old wooden ones and a lightning detector with an alert system, the news release said. To purchase a membership, click here.